Home Journal Contact About


Project Intro

As a full-time product designer, I was hired at Singa with the responsibility of handling the UI/UX design of both the BTB and BTC apps on various platforms. In addition to my design duties, I also offered support to the sales and marketing teams with the creation of graphical assets and videography. Upon my arrival at Singa, my first task was to identify the friction points and drawbacks of the products. I used analytical tools to analyze user behavior and discovered what was hindering the growth of sales. In response, I revamped the information architecture and refreshed the design, resulting in an upward growth trend. During the redesign process, I established a design system and brand guidelines to provide a unified source of information for all team members.

Solving the Problem

I was tasked with revamping the iOS, Android, and web apps. I started with the web as it contained the most information about users through Google Analytics. Upon conducting a top-level audit, I found that the majority of users were searching for songs, yet the search functionality was buried three clicks deep in the interface. The personal profile was also confusing, with various buttons leading to the same views, making it challenging to upgrade to a paid subscription. Additionally, downgrading was difficult to find and generated numerous customer support tickets. The overall design was outdated and inconsistent. To address these issues, I streamlined the navigation, improved typography and spacing, and updated the design to be more modern.


  • Complicated information architecture and navigation
  • Lack of clear upselling opportunities
  • Overly complex navigation system

Process for the Web

My priority was to declutter the navigation and make search easily accessible from the landing page, as most users wanted to search for a song. I discovered that the registration form contained an unused input and, after consulting with the developers, we decided to hide the username field and generate it in the backend. This resulted in a 96% increase in successful registrations. I also completely redesigned the profile section to include more functionality. I introduced an off-boarding flow to reduce churn and help users resolve issues that may lead to cancellation of the service. I also implemented a modern typeface, a grid system, and a new payment form.

Singa Singa

Process for iOS and Android

Similarly, the navigation in the iOS and Android apps needed to be improved to enhance the user experience. The previous navigation consisted of a hamburger menu with a cluttered search functionality in a side-panel that took up less than 50% of the screen estate. I switched to a tab bar navigation and made search a prominent separate tab bar item. Given the importance of search in Singa, I updated the search results design to align with the latest trends and best practices.



After a few months of hard work, numbers started to grow on all platforms. iOS had the biggest growth. The app even got picked up by Apple in their collections that drove even more users.


Additional projects

After several months of hard work, the number of users on all platforms grew, with the biggest growth seen on iOS. The app was even featured by Apple in their collection, driving even more traffic to the app.

Check it out live in App StoreGoogle Play, and the web.